Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tour de Fleece - Week 2+

Here we are, on the eve of the final day of the Tour de Fleece, and I thought I'd do a quick update post.

I'm still spinning white wool. Yep. Still. I'm in the middle of the twelfth bobbin of this stuff and I'm a bit tired of taking creative pictures of it all. So far I have three humongous skeins of yarn, and after doing some pretty brutal yardage calculations, I decided that a fourth skein was an absolute must, simply to be certain I have enough yarn. Since this isn't something I can pop off down to my LYS to grab another skein (same dyelot or otherwise), I'm really seriously against running out mid-project.

Right now, conservatively, I have 1300 yards. If I'm a bit more generous, I have 1400. A third skein should be another 400-500 yards. My bust size, plus two inches ease for the KAL pattern, and my gauge (5.5 sts/inch) put me at needing 1500 yards. So, this last skein should be plenty for swatching, mistakes, and flubs.

I've done some other miscellaneous spinning, mostly on spindles. I did a scrap here, a scrap there. And my daughter and I had fun weaving on a silly miniature loom.

All in all, this has been a great Tour. I'll post a longer wrap-up, tomorrow.

1 comment:

Araignee said...

Once again I am in awe. In fact, speechless. Congrats!