Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tour de Fleece - Day One


TdF 2010 - 4/3
Originally uploaded by Project Pictures
Day 1 - It's been a busy day. I started by cooking buttermilk pancakes (with maple syrup and home-made strawberry syrup.. yum!). The family loved that and having everyone happily full bought me some time to spin on my wheel. I try to get from one end of the bobbin evenly to the other end of the bobbin in 15 minutes. This means I can spin throughout the day, but never really get too far away from the action that's happening. Fifteen minutes is a do-able break for Mommy between activities.

At 9:30 we headed off to gymnastics class for both kids. Since my daughter loves chatting it up with the kids in her class that show up early (like we do) and my son was fully occupied and happily following directions, I had some time to work on my spindling project (3-ply sock in Falkland wool seen above in "Tea" green). After dropping The Boy back at home with Daddy for a snack, I returned to gymnastics in time to get some knitting done on the shawl for my grandmother as well.

TdF 2010 - 4/3
After an abortive attempt to go to the gym's BBQ and allow Daddy time off to play Wallyball over the lunch hour (the BBQ was mis-advertised, and no-one else showed up to play Wallyball) we drove home and had lunch. Then I took the kids to pick raspberries for the picnic we'll be attending tomorrow. We got three pints, which is excellent work for a 3- and 5-year old who mostly wandered around and poked at things.

Back at home again, Daddy and Star Wars afforded me a little more quality time with Mabel (that's my wheel!) and I finished off the last of my three bobbins. There wasn't a whole lot left to do, which was nice. I really wanted to have all three bobbins spun up before the Tour started, but I'll do just fine plying for the next day or two.

Grandma's Ulmus
Daddy, two squirt guns and the front hose gave me the time to slip out back and take beauty shots, which are important if I want to be in for the daily prize voting (and I do!). I also wanted to toss up a picture of the Ulmus shawl for Grandma, since it's taking shape beautifully!

Happy 4th of July, everyone. I hope you have a great day, tomorrow. I think I'm going to have to find something sparkly and firework-like to spin for the day.

1 comment:

Araignee said...

Just reading about all the things you did in just one day makes me want to take a nap(or two). I am always amazed at how well you juggle family and craft!