Monday, January 28, 2008

Puppy In Hat


Puppy In Hat
Originally uploaded by Project Pictures
After finishing my Little Twisted Socks, I knew I had one more thing that absolutely needed to be completed before I could wind up my Socks That Rock yarn and get going on that project. Here it is...

The lovely two-tone, intarsia-in-the-round baby hat, created by Fidget on Ravelry.com. She didn't have a pattern for it, but was happy to PM back-and-forth on a couple of points, and then I just improvised using her finished-object pictures as my 'pattern'. I also relied heavily on an article I found on let me explaiKnit's blog. I didn't get the hat knit exactly as Fidget did it, but I did knit it on a circular needle, in the round. The front color join is done by wrapping the yarn, and the back is managed using the yarn-over method.

If I must say so myself, the hat is cute as a button. I used Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo yarn (80% bamboo, 20% wool). It's made for an August newborn, and hopefully Mommy and Daddy will love it as much as I do. And baby, too, of course!

No comments: