Saturday, January 26, 2008

Little Twisted Socks

My Little Twisted Socks are done! Just in time to start a new project--Blue Moon Fiber Arts "Socks that Rock".

The STR package arrived today, and I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, but it's gorgeous and I can't wait to give it a try.

I'm going to work the next pair of socks simultaneously, although not two-on-two-circulars. I was able to keep the first pair of socks I'd ever done even by swapping them on and off of my 'good' bamboo needles after each stage (cuff, leg, heel-flap, heel, foot, toe) leaving the other on some cheep metal needles while resting. I didn't do that for the Twisted socks, and my second sock is a wee bit smaller and (to my eyes) obviously knit more tightly. Ooops! I guess my gauge got smaller as I got excited to finish.

It's not tragic. Both socks fit, and you have to look pretty hard to see the difference. I just know it's there and it will probably always bug me just a little bit (kind of like the mistake on one heel that no-one will ever see unless I point it out will bug me, but not so badly I want to frog 'em and start over!!).

In the end, it's a gorgeous pair of socks. And I'm going to have more gorgeous socks! How wonderful!

No comments: