Monday, October 18, 2010

Shetland Triangle


Shetland Triangle
Originally uploaded by Project Pictures
The Shetland Triangle pattern was lovely enough that even though I had obtained it by borrowing Wrap Style from the library, and didn't plan on every knitting any of the other patterns in that book, I bought myself a copy anyway.

I can tell I'm going to have to knit more of them.

Shetland Triangle
I was introduced to the Shetland Triangle when I received a shawlette of this pattern as a "thank you". I was a part of the Rockin' Sock Club for Blue Moon Fiber Arts, and one of the members lives outside the U.S. (actually, many do). This member in particular was unable to get standard U.S. three-ring binders since she lives in a country where A4 is the standard size.

I figured I could fix that, and went to Staples for a really nice binder, and some plastic page-inserts and mailed it to her, in Dubai.

She sent me back a fabulous Shetland Triangle knit from Sundara Silky Merino Fingering yarn. YUM.

Shetland Triangle - pre-blocking
I had to knit one.

I also had this gorgeous green Malabrigo Yarn Lace.

It knits up fast. The pattern is extremely easy to memorize. Except for the edge and center stitches, it is the same row over and over until the very end. And yet it creates a really attractive lace.

It's also really interesting before it's blocked.

Shetland Triangle
I was lucky enough to happen across a sale for beads at our local craft store. I have to admit I agonized over buying some muted amber beads versus milky green. In the end I went with the amber and I'm really pleased with the result. I added the beads in the final chart in the one knit stitch between two yarn-overs. I also knit an extra row in the final chart before using Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. It makes for a lovely and elegant edging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!