Thursday, January 28, 2010

Imagine, Together


Merino Silk Blend
Originally uploaded by Project Pictures
Look! It's more pretty fiber! My rented wheel is burning through the stash at an amazing rate. That's a good thing, since I have plenty to spin!

This is four ounces (two each) of "Imagine Together" merino/silk blend. I fell in love with them in the first aisle at Stitches Midwest and walked the entire floor before going back and buying them. The saturated colors entranced me. I felt that the price for merino/silk blend was entirely reasonable (although I didn't realize I'd be paying Cook County's 10% tax on them! It's painful when you're accustomed to no sales tax at all). I'm questioning, now, if they might not be merino/bamboo instead. Silk should have taken the color of the dye unless it was blended in later, and the salesperson there was a bit uncertain about the labeling of the products.

Imagine Together - Merino/silk
At any rate, I decided to spin these these up as 2-ply fingering weight. I think I may knit them together into two coordinating hats, or a pair of colorwork mittens. They are going to be plenty warm with just a hint of shine and the semi-solid color has lots of depth.

No comments: