Friday, December 16, 2011

October/November spinning

Merino/yak/silk by Project Pictures
Merino/yak/silk, a photo by Project Pictures on Flickr.
I'm doing some catching up all around. I have projects in the works that can't be blogged, and I have projects I haven't blogged because it's Holiday season and we're all a little crazy!

In fact, things are likely to slow down a bit on the crafting front.

I'm going back to school. I'll be trying to ease into it a bit at a time so as to not be overwhelmed. Next term I'm taking one class (Statistics). I hope to take one in the Spring term and perhaps two over the summer since I have a lovely young woman looking for babysitting work then.

JulieSpins UnClub - Sept 2011
But until then, I need to get caught up! So here is a shot of some gorgeous Merino/yak/silk blend. My wonderful husband bought this for me for Christmas last year (so it's good to get it done before this Christmas rolls around, yes? YES!). The bag had "approximately six ounces" written on it. I bought another two ounces to round that out to eight so I could combine it with another eight I have of dyed Merino/yak/silk in a big project. I have plans for this stuff, yes I do!

But here is the finished yarn. I'm extremely pleased with it. Even if my current idea falls through, this would make quite a stunning knit shawl.

Merino/yak/silk
Happily, this counts for my spinning goal for both October, and November!

No comments: