Thursday, December 15, 2011

Inglenook

Inglenook by Project Pictures
Inglenook, a photo by Project Pictures on Flickr.
I'm extremely pleased to announce that I have a pattern in the Winter 2011 Issue of Twist Collective!

Here is a picture of the prototype of my pattern, Inglenook. It is a top-down sock with no visible gusset. The increases are incorporated into the lace pattern so that as you knit, it just grows into the right shape. Then you turn the heel and knit a reinforced sole and work down to the end of a shaped toe.

I love these socks. They go wonderfully in my clogs. The cushioned heel feels great, and in backless shoes you get to show of the lace patterning!

Twist Collective provided a wonderful sock yarn (Pollika Knitglobal 4-Ply Sock Yarn) which I really enjoyed using. The socks were originally knit in a heavier yarn (they are shown above in Mountain Colors Bearfoot), but translate very well to the finer weight of the Knitglobal sock. I especially like how round the 4-ply yarn is. It has wonderful stitch definition!

I hope you'll all pop by and take a peek at the fantastic photography on Twist Collective!