Thursday, June 30, 2011

Last, but not least.. the Haul

Now we finally come to the part everyone usually wants to see. What did we all buy!

I know it looks like a lot, but really I didn't spend all that much. (Okay, it was a little bit of money, but it was all on sale and it was specifically budgeted so it's all good).

The first bit isn't stash expansion but rather conversion. We had a fiber swap. Put 4oz in, take 4oz out. I was able to trade some black alpaca/silk I didn't enjoy spinning (it was lovely, it just wasn't "me") for a Sheep to Shoe kit, and some other various fibers for 4oz of Spunky Eclectic Merino top. I'm really thrilled about both of these trades.

BSG - "The Haul"

BSG - "The Haul"

As for expansion, I did fall down a little bit. My first bump in the road was 1.25 pounds of Cormo/silk blend from The Bellwether Wool Company. It's rather unassuming in the bag, but it's Cormo!! and silk!! blended!! Yum. And they have fantastic fiber. And it didn't hurt that this last lot of the Cormo/silk was marked down 25%. How can I pass up such a lovely sweater? Well, it will be a lovely sweater, eventually!

BSG - "The Haul"

Then I went by Rainbow Farms Pygora. I went there because I had a gift waiting for me from another event, which turned out to be drop-dead gorgeous pygora-blend batts. Wow! But I couldn't leave without hitting up her 50% off bin and I walked away with another 8oz of dyed Targhee.

BSG - "The Haul"

BSG - "The Haul"

And last, I took a class on spinning cashmere. And it came with a 10% off coupon for the teacher's shop. So of course I couldn't walk away without finding some cashmere! I found light tan cashmere that was already marked down and applied the 10% coupon to that as well and bought three ounces for pure-pleasure spinning!

BSG - "The Haul"

Adding everything up (and counting the swap as stash-neutral) I bought one ounce over two pounds of fiber. Which isn't great for the stash. But it does pretty much kill any desire I have to buy anything at Sock Summit so I may be done for the season!

No comments: