Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tomorrow...

Photo 1 - 2012-06-15 by Project Pictures
Photo 1 - 2012-06-15, a photo by Project Pictures on Flickr.
Tomorrow I'm going to the Black Sheep Gathering here in Eugene. I'll get up early. I'll drive down to the fairgrounds with a friend, and I'll set up my loom to get ready for the Sheep to Shawl competition.

I'll actually be weaving on this warp.

I spun it. Everything (except the two inches of red) is naturally colored wool. There's Shetland, Romney, Merino (moorit) and others in there. I think one might be Icelandic. We don't know what half the wool is, other than "nice". It came from the estate of Llyn Payne, who was an amazing artist and a collector of many rare and fascinating fleeces.

The red is commercial merino of several different shades of red and a tiny bit of red bamboo blended into a batt. It pops wonderfully against all the neutrals around it.

I love the draft at the top, but we won't be using it. I'll let you see what we decided to use.. .once it's woven, tomorrow!

No comments: