Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 1 - Sock Batts

Day 1 - Sock Batts by Project Pictures
Day 1 - Sock Batts, a photo by Project Pictures on Flickr.
We're starting the Tour de Fleece!

A couple of things this year. I'm going to be posting a picture daily, but the posts will probably be light on content. There's only so many times I can explain I'm spinning the same stuff over and over.

Second, I've promised myself at least one picture of my family for every TdF photo. So we'll be getting a lot of cute pictures!

Of course, now that I have stated I won't be explaining as much.. I'm going to explain that these gorgeous batts are from Laura at Textiles A Mano. She's designing them specifically for spinning for sock yarn, so of course.. I'm spinning for socks! They're lovely and wonderfully crafted. Each batt is a full 1.5 oz, making the set 4.5 oz which is a generous weight for making socks. It also makes it much easier to spin a three-ply yarn when the fiber is pre-divided!

And without further ado, here's the family photos for today:
Gymnastics Fun Gymnastics Fun

No comments: