Monday, November 14, 2011

Twill Thrills

I've been itching to weave twills. I tried to figure out how to do them on a Rigid Heddle loom (it's not impossible, but I didn't really feel like working quite that hard at it). I bought the four-shaft loom this summer, meaning twills were within my reach. I even checked out Twill Thrills from our local Weaver's Guild and then subsequently found a reasonably priced used copy on Amazon and snatched that right up.

So after all that, I thought you all might like to see. I'm taking these...

8/2 cotton by Project Pictures 8/2 cotton

And making these...

Twill progress Twill towel 2

Towel #3 Twill Towel #4

Twill Towel #5

I am using the 4-shaft LeClerc Medico table loom with a point-twill tie up and drafts of my own devising using the PixeLoom program.

It's pretty fun!

Excuse me. I have to get back to work!

No comments: