Friday, May 7, 2010
The idea evolved slowly over time. I had a braid of Bluefaced Leicester that I dyed and when rinsing I got a little too enthusiastic. The braid compacted and possibly felted a little bit. So that turned into a set of twelve blended batts.
But I did! Despite a pressure-bruise I gave myself on my leg from working with six ounces of fiber on the spindle, and all the time it took, I have 1770 yards of lovely lace-weight yarn. The silk gives it a very elegant shine and the blue strand has a surprising depth of color that comes out in full sun.
I have plans for this yarn. Oh, I have plans. Plans that are probably going to take me a whole additional year to figure out before I can get it knit up. So, the project goes on.