Saturday, August 1, 2009

All aflutter!

It's done! It's done! It's done! My shawl is done! Yay!

800 yards of 2-ply tussah silk handspun and several weeks of knitting later, and my shawl is complete. Currently it is stretched out tight on my floor upstairs, pinned to within an inch of it's life and perhaps a little beyond that. A fan, tilted on a chair, is blowing the shawl dry as swiftly as it may be for silk, which loves to soak up lots and lots and lots of water.

No, you may not see a picture... yet!

Suffice to say it is gorgeous. You'll have to take my word for that, but I don't want to pop up a half-done picture when a little patience will hopefully yield something stunning. Right now it's pinned out on two different colored towels in bad lighting. On the other hand to get a picture of me wearing it, I'll have to find a photographer, or press my four-year-old daughter into trying. That'll be fun.

So, pictures coming soon, I promise. I just don't know how soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing it! Did you end up having enough yarn? Did you use green for the border?... I bet it's gorgeous!