Saturday, April 17, 2010

Darn it!


Darn it!
Originally uploaded by Project Pictures
So the other day, before it started to be too warm to wear wool socks, I pulled out my favorite pair. I put them on and as I usually do I set about cleaning off any pills and generally getting them settled on my feet just right. That's when I noticed that there was a spot on my heel that just didn't look quite right.

I took the sock back off and on closer inspection, I found a section that had almost worn through! While not happy to find a worn spot, I was still pretty pleased to have caught it before it became an actual hole. It is much easier to repair when there is at least a thread of yarn in place.

I want to point out there is a very nice tutorial over on HSJ Studio. I've read it several times and attempted to use it to fix bigger holes. Luckily in this case it was just a matter of following what was already there in duplicate stitch and voila! I have a fixed sock.

You can hardly spot out the patch, although it does show up in the different striping of color across the area right in the middle of my heel. I don't mind. I know these socks will wear for a whole lot longer, now that I've darned them.

No comments: