Friday, August 8, 2008

And... they're off!!


Magic slippers
Originally uploaded by Project Pictures
I whipped out my first FO of the Ravelympics today, and I'm thrilled to be on my way to many completions!

On Thursday I received a very polite request to make up a pair of my baby booties for a baby shower coming up next week. We agreed on a fair exchange for them and I decided that if I was going to work on these in the middle of the Ravelympics, they darned well better be an official project, so I quickly added them to my list.

The pattern is a simple but lovely one and originates from Sockpixie. I've designed a simple variation on her all-garter-stitch booties, converting the uppers to stockinette. They still create a super-cute bootie, and they are much faster (and in my mind easier) to knit.

(9/5/08) I have moved my version of this bootie to its own post here.

No comments: